Position: Director, Public Relations
Reports to: President & CEO
Kane Communications Group is adding a well-rounded, highly professional and organized Director, Public Relations to the team!
Kane Communications Group is a communications firm that works closely with executives to develop organizational communication frameworks and strategies that define brands, build reputations and inspire business results. We conduct research, design communication infrastructures and develop strategic communications plans. And we implement our recommendations; which may include brand and marketing campaign development; public, media and community relations; events; social and digital marketing; and more.
As a small and growing firm, each member of our team puts their multiple talents and expertise to work and has the opportunity to be involved in shaping the future of the business.
What you will be doing
The Director, Public Relations is Responsible For…
- Developing Kane’s PR team and actively contribute to the firm’s growth.
- Managing PR projects to produce best-in-class work that achieves results.
- Developing strategy and oversee activation of public relations, media relations, social media, crisis and corporate communications programs.
- Working along-side Kane’s marketing, video and digital leadership to think big on client accounts and on initiatives for our firm.
- Working with Kane’s leadership team to develop best-practice internal process and procedures.
- Taking responsibility for budget management, estimates, forecasting and invoicing.
- Participating in business development and strategic planning.
- Assessing corporate communications, including recommendations to create and improve communications functions.
Experience needed for success
- 7+ years of experience in a full-time role in a public relations agency or corporate communications team. Agency experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or a related field. APR or master’s degree preferred.
- Superior oral and written communication skills; advanced proofreading and editing ability.
- Highly professional demeanor and presentation abilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency and affinity for digital tools and platforms (including social media).
- Experience using research to inform, plan, design and evaluate.
- Experience managing a budget.
- A polished leader who can quickly relate to clients and earn their trust.
- Experience with new business pitches.
- Health, dental and vision
- Flexible Spending Program (FSA)
- Basic Life and AD&D Coverage
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Bonus Eligible
- Paid Parking
- Cell Phone stipend
- Discount on health club membership
- Work-life integration, with the ability to work from home on Friday’s
Kane Communications is an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, “Director, Public Relations at Kane.”