Position: Executive Assistant
Reports to: President & CEO
Hours: Part-time, with the possibility to transition to full-time within 12 months of hire; bonus eligible
The Executive Assistant plays a key role at Kane Communications Group. This position requires an individual who provides high level administrative support and runs the day-to-day office operations in addition to executing special projects. The Executive Assistant supports Kane’s leadership team by administering calendars, arranging conference calls, arranging travel, scheduling meetings for executives and receiving visitors, as well as handling information requests. In addition, executive assistant manages initiatives that support the efficient operation of the company including working with vendors and contractors, organizing billing, and invoicing clients. The executive assistant needs to possess a high level of professionalism and strong interpersonal skills because the individual will often be the first impression of Kane Communications Group. This individual in this role also needs to demonstrate a high-level of discretion, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality on sensitive issues.
You may be right for this position if you are:
- A highly-motivated, career-focused, self-starter with a desire to make valuable contributions. You motivate teams through communication and partnership.
- Polished and well-spoken. Trusted to present your work to internal and external clients and represent the firm in all settings.
- An organized planner who can work autonomously to anticipate needs and plan ahead. Sets priorities, identifies resource requirements and defines the necessary sequence of activities needed to achieve goals. Motivated to develop processes and structure where they do not exist.
- Enterprising and resourceful. Leverages all the tools at your disposal to find answers to your questions, and have no problem picking up the phone to call around for answers. Acts without being asked or required. Achieves goals beyond job requirements.
- Computer-savvy. Familiar with Google Docs, Microsoft products and other office software. An agile computer learner who can quickly pick-up industry-specific software programs.
- Customer-focused. Makes customers and clients the primary focus; shows interest and understanding of the unique needs and expectations of all customers; gains trust and respect while consistently meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Strong communicator. Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain messages, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates excellent written, oral, and listening skills.
- Information gatekeeper and communication liaison. Exercises discretion and good judgement when fielding calls, correspondence and requests for executive team. A detailed-oriented records manager with the ability to adeptly navigate shared computer drives.
- Stand-out colleague. Participates as an active and committed member of a team to achieve goals. Works cooperatively with other team members, involves others, shares information as appropriate, and acknowledges credit for team accomplishments.
- Loyal and trusted team player. Protective of the busy schedules and lives of the people supported in this role.
What you will be doing
- Record and distribute meeting minutes and action items. File in appropriate drives / folders.
- Greet visitors and assess their needs. Determine appropriate actions and need for visitors to access to specific individuals.
- Field phone calls and messages from our general phone line.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions and reports and evaluate their significance and identify appropriate distribution.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and maintaining the records management database system.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email. This includes review of email organization boxes.
- Make travel arrangements for executives.
- Manage calendars for directors and executive team.
- Serve as key contact for all Kane Contractors; administer W-9’s, certificates of insurance, NDA’s and other legal requirements.
- Manage special Kane projects and support company special events as needed.
- Champion the Kane culture, and serve as a polished ambassador for the company.
Experience needed for success
- Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of administrative or office management experience
- Prior experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Success organizing programs and processes to deliver improved service and/or efficiency
- Prior experience managing administrative tasks and calendars for multiple executives at one time
- Demonstrated communication, customer service and organization skills
- Enthusiasm and integrity
Kane Communications is an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.